Having successfully completed the construction of 271 kms broad gauge railway line,
the Pipavav Railway Corporation ltd. is credited as a strong construction company
of rail infrastructure. PRCL has set up organizational structure to carry out
day to day marketing and operation of freight services. Our vision is:
- To develop PIPAVAV RAILWAY as a strong, efficient, and
technically well equipped railway system.
- To provide single window transport solutions for movement of
bulk and containerized cargo to and from Pipavav Port to the hinterland.
- To undertake marketing in India and abroad in order to
attract domestic and international rail bound cargo.
- To introduce various methods for improving efficiency in rail
transportation on the railway like mechanized track maintenance to achieve zero
defect and improved working.
- To achieve commercial speed of 100 kmph for freight trains
moving on this section.
- To plan and execute operations of freight trains with latest
technology and system upgradation through quality control.
- To develop additional facility along with Pipavav Railway in
order to capture all possible rail bound traffic.
- To provide most efficient competitive transport service
through improved efficiency and control on expenditure.
- To provide IT solutions for booking, carriage and delivery of
- To undertake feasibility study of other transport systems and
to provide logistics solution.
- To take up survey, construction and maintenance of railway
lines in India and abroad as a turnkey project.
- To procure and supply of track and signaling material and
equipments to other railway administration.
- To set up inland container depots (ICDs) in northern and
central India for booking of containerized cargo in association with container
- To run double stack containers train on Pipavav–Delhi route.